Baking Tanya Burr's Healthy Oat & Cinnamon Cookies!

                                     
I got the urge to bake last night however I was quite limited in what I could bake as we had no flour...so I had a flick through Tanya Bakes. This is such a great baking book and has so many tasty treats. I came across these healthy oat cookies. They were so easy and simple to make and taste amazing! I did change up the recipe a little, which slightly decreases the healthiness in them, but I mean, if you're going to bake a cookie, you might as well go all out! So I added some dark chocolate for some sweetness. 

Ingredients
  • 300g porridge oats
  • 100g unsalted butter (I did end up using salted because we didn't have unsalted)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • a large handful of raisins
  • dark chocolate (up to you as to how much you use!)
Equipment
  • large mixing bowl
  • 2 baking trays
  • wooden spoon
Method
  • Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
  • Put the oats, softened butter, baking powder, honey, egg and the cinnamon into a large mixing bowl and mix well to form a dough.
  • Add the dark chocolate and raisins, stirring again until well dispersed. 
  • Using your hands, mold the dough into 20 little balls, gently pressing each of them onto the baking tray, shaping them into a cookie shape. 
  • The cookies will spread in the oven so make sure you spread them out as you could end up with one huge cookie!
  • Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crisp. I left mine in for around 15 as I wanted them to still be chewy.
  • Leave to cool
  • Enjoy!
                             

What are your favourite things to bake? 
Take care, love Lauren x

Comments